I-Com Bracket for my Kia Forte

IMG_1212
IMG_1212
IMG_1213
IMG_1213
IMG_1216
IMG_1216
IMG_1218
IMG_1218
IMG_1219
IMG_1219

Here are some snapshots of a home fabricated aluminum bracket for my I-Com 2200H 2 meter rig. My I-Com 229 was having PA deck issues, so I pulled that rig and wanted to put the 2200H in. The problem was space. There are not a whole lot of places to mount a radio, and I'm against putting any holes in the interior while the car is only 6 months old. I found the ideal location on the side of the center console, but getting it to stick was a challenge. I originally tried a lot of hook and loop tape, but when the car would sit in the sun with the windows up, the glue would give way and the radio would fall to the floor. Not wanting to put holes in the console, I decided to try fabricating a bracket. I obtained a good chunk of aluminum plating from a fellow HAM and used a hack saw to cut the pattern. Lacking a brake system for bending sheet metal, I used clamps and dowels to bend the edges to form. I rather liked the warning labels on the aluminum, so I cut the bracket to feature those.